join schools and students from around the world in one of the largest school stem competitions
Welcome to F1 in Schools
Follow the information below to begin your journey in F1 in Schools.
Levels of competition
There are five levels of competition for F1 in Schools in Australia, these include the:
F1 in Schools – Professional Class
F1 in Schools – Development Class
F1 in Schools – Cadet Class
F1 in Schools – Primary Class (Paper Cars)
F1 in Schools – Mini Project
Further details for all of these classes can be found by clicking the button below:
Horizon – 2018 World Champions
Schools and students wanting to undertake the F1 in Schools program must register online. We will then include you in all the appropriate emails, newsletters and communications designed to help you get started in F1 in Schools.
To be able to participate in Regional, State or National competitions all teams MUST be registered prior to their first competition event and prior to the published team registrations deadline. In addition, a Challenge Agreement Form MUST be completed by the supervising teacher, parent/guardian where applicable and returned to REA prior to the cut off dates.
There are no fees associated with School Registrations. Fees will only apply to those teams that represent their region at a State or National Final.
- At a National Final Event there is ONE overall Professional Class division. The overall Professional Class National Champions will represent Australia at the World Final.
- Eligibility for participation in National and World Final competitions requires all team members to be enrolled as full-time primary or secondary students at the time of the event.
- A student’s school year group is determined from the year group the student is in during the year of regional and state competition.
- Inter-school collaboration teams are eligible to compete and they are encouraged.
- These class definitions must be read in conjunction with the F1 in Schools™ Rules and Regulations document downloadable from the Resources page of the website.