Step 1: School Registration
SCHOOL REGISTRATION for the 2017 AUSTRALIAN Competition is now open and will CLOSE 31 May 2017.
ALL schools wishing to deliver the F1 in Schools™ challenge and/or participate in the competition in 2017 must register online by the advertised date. The School Registration is valid for ALL REA STEM projects and must be completed each year.
Teachers must first submit a School Registration before moving on to complete any Team Registration/s. There are NO fees associated with the School Registration process.
To register your school click here.
Step 2: Team Registration
TEAM REGISTRATION for 2017 AUSTRALIAN Competition is now open and will CLOSE 31 July 2017.
SA teams MUST be registered no later than 26 June 2017 to meet deadlines imposed by organisers of the Royal Adelaide Show who host the State Final.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING before proceeding with the registration process:
- Schools delivering F1 in Schools™ must first complete a School Registration prior to submitting a Team Registration.
- To be eligible to participate at ANY level of the competition (including Regional Finals), all teams MUST be registered prior to their first competition event and prior to the advertised published team registrations deadline.
- REA DO NOT charge registration fees for Regional Finals.
- There ARE fees associated with State and National Final competition events.
- No team will be permitted to compete at a State or National Final competition unless registration is submitted prior to their first competition event (including Regional Finals) and within the stated deadlines.
- Teachers ONLY must register their teams. NO student is to undertake the registration process. Registrations submitted by students will not be accepted. Teachers are requested to use a valid school email address for the registration process.
- Teachers MUST have a valid account to create, edit and manage their team registrations.
- If you already have an account set up but have forgotten your username and/or password, select the ‘Lost your password?’ option at the login page and follow the instructions.
- System generate automated emails can result in being classified as spam or end up in your junk email box, so be sure to check this if the email does not lodge in your inbox.
- To create an account, select the ‘Register’ option from the login page. To navigate to this page, simply click on the link provided at the Australian Registration System heading below.
- You must be logged in to your account to register teams for the Australian Competition.
- IMPORTANT: You must accept the Terms and Conditions on the registration page before proceeding with the registration. Click here to read these before proceeding to the Team Registration page.
- From 2016, no team participating in the challenge are permitted to use any of the Formula One Word Marks (shown below) in their team name, logo, domain name, and/or any social media handle, including email addresses.
The F1 IN SCHOOLS Logo, F1, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One group company. All rights reserved
To register your team/s, click here. This link will take you to the login page. Follow the steps outlined above to complete your Team Registration/s.
If you need any assistance with the registration process, please contact REA on 02 8850 6311 or 1300 204 478.
Competition Registration Fees
At State and National competition events there are registration fees that apply for each team.
These fees will assist in funding the administration and management of finals events including the provision of exhibition style displays for team trade booths and trestle tables where relevant but do NOT include team travel, accommodation and meal costs associated with the final events.
It is each team’s responsibility to raise the sponsorship required to fund the competition phase, including Registration Fees.
There has been a fee increase for this year and is the only increase since 2013. The Registration Fees for the different stages of the 2017 Australian competition will now be:
Regional1 Final Team Participation Fees
All Classes: Generally Nil Cost but this is at the discretion of the Regional Hub Coordinator.
State Final Team Participation Fees
Cadet Class Teams (1-3 members): $175.00 inc. GST
Development & Professional Class Teams (3-5 members): $415.00 inc. GST
National Final Team Participation Fees
Development & Professional Class Teams (3-5 members): $850.00 inc GST
1 Regional Finals are not run in all states. Click here for more information.